Dungeon Defenders is a third person tower defence game created by Trendy Entertainment.
This game is one of great fun and adventure it has expertly tied Third Person visuals with Tower Defence gameplay to bring together a glorious game which played will ensure fun for all ages.
In Dungeon Defenders you can start of by playing one of four roles: The Apprentice, Huntress, Monk or Squire.
Apprentice: Donning his robe and wizard hat, the Apprentice is eager to delve deeper into the world of the arcane. Under the guidance of the Grand Magus, the Apprentice has learned the art of conjuration. While summoning towers of mystical defence to aid him, he blasts his enemies with waves of magic from a far. The Apprentice is a great choice for beginners as he is a well played champion that is able to be grasped well and put to use well later. The Apprentice can summon defences such as:
- Blockade, blocks enemies, slowing their progress, while also stealing whatever elemental alignment the enemy has.
- Magic Missile Tower, shoots rapid‐fire bolts of arcane magic. Although weak standing alone, they can be deadly in numbers.
- Fireball Tower, erupts with slow but powerful balls of flame that splash enemies with fire damage.
- Lightning Tower, blasts out bolts of lightning that links from target to target, temporarily stunning enemies with electrifying results.
- Deadly Striker Tower, unleashes deathly fast and accurate energy blasts over long distances and through walls, but with a slow rate of fire.
Huntress: Trained in reconnaissance, the sleek and slender Huntress deploys deadly traps and explosives, but don’t let her physique perplex you. This elegant she‐devil is trained in ranged weaponry and is sure to always hit her mark. Raining down arrows and ammo from above, the enemy never sees her coming. The Huntress is able to summon certain defences such as:
- Gas Trap, when activated, enemies become engulfed in coughing gas, stunning them for the duration.
- Proximity Mine Trap, when activated, an explosive blast instantly devastates all nearby enemies.
- Inferno Trap, when activated, a blazing cloud of fire surrounds enemies and damages them over time.
- Ethereal Spike Trap, when activated, a single enemy is skewered for massive damage.
- Darkness Void Trap, when activated, enemies become consumed by darkness, rendering them unable to attack, and making them lose their current target.
Monk: The Monk, a once peaceful and passive student, has been called from his solitary meditation and forced to take up arms in the defence of his land. Only he, through his expert spear fighting skill, can avenge the death of his master. Channelling his aura energies to heal allies and cripple foes, the Monk is the ultimate team asset. The Monk can summon similar defences to the huntress such as:
- Ensnare Aura, all enemies within this Aura become encumbered by their own weight, greatly slowing their movement and attack speed.
- Electric Aura, feeling their souls slowly draining away, all enemies within this Aura take damage over time.
- Healing Aura, within this Aura, friends and foes alike are healed over time.
- Crippling Aura, all enemies within this Aura deal significantly less damage.
- Enrage Aura, all enemies within this Aura become blind with rage, attacking and killing one another.
Squire: A brave knight‐in‐training, the Squire upholds the honour and nobility of his kingdom with every slice of his blade. Building defences of brute force the Squire prefers melee weapons as his instruments of justice. Bludgeoning spikes and whirling blades unleash the rage he bestows upon his foes. He can summon great defences which can turn the tide of battle such as:
- Spike Blockade, a Reinforced Blockade that is sure to cause a sharp pain to enemies who touch it.
- Harpoon Turret, penetrating its foes, this turret launches deadly arrows that damage rows of enemies at a time.
- Bouncer Blockade, this spiked blockade thrusts enemies back with ferocious force.
- Cannon Ball Turret, this stationary turret launches steel balls that bounce off of enemies and surfaces within its sights.
- Slice’n’Dice Blockade, this monumental blockade takes time to spin up but it quickly cuts down waves of enemies with its whirling blades.
Overall I’ve spent many countless hours playing this wonderful game and haven’t regretted a single second I loved every moment and another good twist is that after you purchase Dungeon Defenders you gain two free DLC packs the TF2 pet pack where you can have the Engineer or the Heavy as a pet companion. Another DLC you get is the Portal Gun which can only be used by the Huntress but worth it nonetheless. Highly suggest this game as it’s a great buy for the value.