Rift Strikes With its First Expansion!
At E3 Trion Worlds announced their very first expansion to their award winning game Rift called
“The world of Telara is massive and sprawling, and players have only experienced a slice of what it has to offer, Storm Legion is the next chapter in the Rift adventure, and takes players deeper than ever before.” – Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer and Trion’s Chief Creative Officer.
Basic updates with expansion is four new souls, level cap increased to 60 and two new “vast continents”, for the release of Storm Legion the E3 trailer depicts the dragon lord Crucia’s plans for the inhabitants of Telara.
With the four new souls and increased level cap Trion have boasted these points:
- A new Soul for each calling expands the Ascended Class System allowing you to build the hero you want.
- Rise to new heights of power through 10 challenging levels
And last they point out you can “Play You Way!” with the ability to choose how you level with questing and Instant Adventure everywhere including Onslaughts, Rifts, Events and many more!
With this expansion they have added a few things such as:
- Achieve greatness with seven new dungeons, three new raids, a Chronicle and more.
- New rift game play will challenge all with increasingly challenging battling against planar bosses.
- Greater battles against legions of fantastic creatures, including the new Colossus which interacts with and ravages the world like never seen in Rift.
New things Trion have added to the game include some interesting developments:
- NEW Customizable spaces allowing players and guilds to own a sliver of the wonderful land of Telara
- Take your profession to new heights with Grandmaster Crafting!
- Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes.
- Also new puzzles, artifacts and collectibles, achievements, mounts, pets, titles and much more!
All this jazzy new content aside I’d like to put in my “2 cents worth”
Personally I have not played Rift but have seen many trailers and game play that have drawn me in and made me long for a chance to play this game to an extent where I’d do anything to own it!
With the basic idea of expansions this seems like its giving you everything and more the players could want making this what I would say as – an expansion for the people (and a little bit for the money).
Thanks for reading!